Monday 25 November 2019

We Apologise For This Break In Service

Regular readers will have noticed a lack of regular writing, or even pictures, over the last three weeks. There’s sure to be a reason for this, but I’m not sure I know what it really is.

A lot of blogging and even more You Tube-ing is commentary, and usually on some article in the mainstream press or TV. For all the posturing about the decline and irrelevance of mainstream media, it’s still the source material for most of the commentary. Very few You Tubers do their own research. I don’t blame them: original research is difficult and if it’s to be more than digging around public records, it needs contacts and networks. Digging around in public records can still be a good way of getting the dirt.



Some of this blog is commentary, some of it is part of an internal debate with myself on various subjects, some of it is a record of what’s going on in my life. I’m kinda done with the commentary: one can only say so many times that most journalists and politicians are on the wrong side of history and desperate to maintain their status until the last minute. The internal debates will go on, but right now I can’t write any of it down. Perhaps I’m looking for too much and should stick to working out what size of TV I want, or if I want a new one at all. As for what’s going on in my life, I haven’t known how to write about some of it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment