Thursday 2 January 2020

Things I Replaced in 2019

LAN Cable. For about a year I had a few metres of Cat 6 LAN cable wrapped round a paint bowl - don’t ask - because I used to use it to connect my work laptop when I worked from home. Stopped doing that sometime this year, or even earlier when I went over to the Netgear D6400 router.

Copper broadband. I don’t need a DS3 into my house and 5 E1’s out, but that’s what I get. For days on end between re-connects by the local DLE.

My 2004 Fiat Punto. Retired for me. Replaced by a 2011 Fiat Punto.

My Bose QC20s at work. Gave up the ghost after years of use. Replaced with QC35’s

Tidal. Yes I know Spotify is not integrated with Roon, but I don’t have Roon, and Spotify seems to have almost all the music I could ever want.

My old crockery. With some nice simple stuff on sale at John Lewis.

Long hot-water based drinks after breakfast. I drink cold water, or espresso. I feel better for it.

Bench press. Yep, I know. That means I am no longer any kind of Bro. It was taking too much out of me, especially the worry that I might drop the damn bar on myself. After you faint in the gym for the first time, you never entirely trust your body again.

Grimy and mossy stonework around the house. Thanks to the Karcher water-jet cleaner.

Leaking roof and gutters. It took a couple of passes, but the roofer finally got it all sorted out and cleaned up.

The Roberts bedside radio. Replaced with a Bose Colour 2 speaker and an iPod.

The grey houndstooth overcoat. I wore that thing every day for five winters straight. It was getting ragged.

No comments:

Post a Comment