Monday 13 April 2020

Photographs I'm Printing (1)

Watch enough episodes of any photography channel and in one of them, the presenter will extol the virtues of printing your photographs. Large. At least A4. Modern colour printers and inks are pretty darn amazing these days, though the ink is as amazingly expensive as the printer itself is amazingly cheap.


For a while I nodded along, but was reluctant to take the plunge into printing. The cost of that ink though. Or of getting a digital file professionally printed. A couple of months ago, I replaced the dried-up cartridges (yes, yes, okay, the most expensive ink is the stuff you can't use)on my Canon MG7550 and started again. I'm going to post the ones I choose. Starting with...



The Bristol Channel from Exmoor - 29/8/2009 Canon Power Shot A590IS

It's about the horizontal layers of colour rather than a shot of heather and fields. I mean, there's the representational stuff, but what it's really about are the layers of grey in the sea and sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment