Monday 25 January 2021

**** The Lockdown - There, I've Said It

My inner ACoA thinks lockdown will be forever. Even though my rational self knows it won't be. I'm worried that by the time it does end, I won't care anymore and there won't be anything worth going back to. But mostly, I'm tired of the denial. I'm tired of telling myself that I have to treat lockdown as if it is normal, just a different normal.

Yeah. Well. Frak that.

This ain't a different normal.

Pretending otherwise would be outright denial.

I'm tired of trying to be nice about this nonsense and the traitors who push it.

Find some other damn way of protecting people over 70 or with chronic bad health, from a nasty virus, should their immune system over-react to it. If someone called a Chief Medical Officer can't do better than this, they should resign. Maybe replace them with a monkey throwing darts at a list of policies.

Ah, the heck with all that. It's not my problem.

You know what? I do not care about reasons. I care that I can't do the things that I enjoy doing. I need Foyles and the Curzon and Fopp and the National and the Tate(s) and London AA meetings and the parks and the restaurants and cafes and Jermyn Street and walking across the Thames and the South Bank and and and. I was hoping to add travelling around the UK this year. Go ahead, call me petty.

I had all the answers in a post on the 28th December. At least in terms of actions. What I didn't have was the answer in terms of attitude. Which is why I've been circling.

So here is my new attitude...

**** everyone who legislates lockdown. **** everyone who enables lockdown. **** everyone who enforces it.

MP's, Ministers, Police, so-called scientists, Chief Health Officers, Chief Scientists, compliant business owners, journalists, doctors, so-called-experts, pro-lockdown activists, the media agencies producing Project Fear propaganda, and everybody who would rather be safe than free.

**** everyone using this to push their dumb ideologies, pitch for funding, save money by closing offices, force social change, and otherwise make hay from a crisis.

**** all of them. When they die they are going to a new circle of hell, dug just for them.

So this is what being authentic and honest about my feelings is like.

Feels good.

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully the vaccine is offering the authorities a face-saving way of exiting this mess. But society has been changed forever in ways that will become increasingly apparent over the coming decades. Today's infants are going to grow up to become seriously fucked up adults. And 100 years from now people will look back at this time in horror and astonishment.

    ReplyDelete