Tuesday 21 June 2022

Life on Hold Because Pollen and Heat

Pollen is not good for my brain, and there's been a lot of it for the past couple of weeks.

I'm waking up like someone has been spraying pollen into my bedroom all night.

Temperatures over 70F are too much.

It is a miracle that I even found the laptop to write this.

In the meantime, grab a cup of coffee and settle in to watch this...



Hither Green is directly south of Greenwich. The equivalent distance west is Putney. The route is direct and sensible until it gets to Clapham, and then... I won't spoil it.

What struck me was how many junctions and lines going everywhere there are in south London. Then you get to Clapham and you have four choices: main lines through Richmond (for Reading), Wimbledon (for Woking, Porstmouth and Weymouth), Croydon (for Gatwick and Brighton), and the Overground south and north. Those lines are incredibly simple: there aren't any junctions on the Reading line until Virginia Water and then there's only one more at Ascot. None of which stops this train taking the most complicated route to Woking.

Yes. I had nothing better to do. It was hot. I did scrub through the final section of the journey from Ascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment