Tuesday 9 August 2022

Live Music - Autumn 2022

I have an excellent next-level hi-fi set up I wrote about endlessly a couple of years ago.

Live music does not sound like hi-fi, and vice versa.

It's been a while since I've heard live music, and I've decided that I need to hear some.

If only to convince myself that...

a) the acoustics in my listening position are better than an affordable seat in a concert hall (*)

b) audiences are... audience-like

c) live music, even in the Wigmore or Festival Halls, is MUCH LOUDER than I play my stereo

d) the soundstage is better on my stereo

e) a CD would be cheaper

f) paying that price for 90 minutes of entertainment makes me concentrate in a way I could never do at home

It's also part of my going-out-in-the-evening programme of recovery.

I have three concerts booked for the South Bank, and three at the Wigmore Hall.

I'll let you know how it goes.



(*) 'Affordable' is an elastic term.

No comments:

Post a Comment