Tuesday 14 February 2023

Parliament Hill Viewpoint Viewers


I bought an adapter to put the Zuiko lenses from my analogue Olympus onto the Fuji. The lens I wanted to try was the Zuiko 35-105 zoom. The X-E4 made didn't know the f-stop and seemed to default to the minimum ISO in the range of the setting (160 in this case), and then made reasonable decisions about shutter speed. (The sensor knows how much light it's getting even if it doesn't know the f-stop, so it may have some default speeds against various amounts of light.)

I took a few shots just to get the feel of the camera with a heavy lens on it, and to see if the results were even reasonable. This one came out well, and the others suggested that I needed to put more work into focussing. Getting the shutter speed "right" will be about treating the first shot as a test, and making adjustments using the manual dial

 

No comments:

Post a Comment