Tuesday 14 March 2023

Diary

I've just finished another batch of egregious backdating.

I've been distracted by my shoulder and right arm.

If I sit at a table and eat, let alone try to write, pins and needles shoot along my arm down to the thumb and forefinger.

If I put my head too far forward / backward / to the right, also pins and needles, and discomfort.

If I play the guitar, the elbow end of my right tricep feels really... odd.

Sitting down on a chair leads to discomfort. I fidgeted a lot during a couple of concerts recently. Trains and tubes can lead to more discomfort.

If I lie on my left side to sleep, pins and needles shoot along my arm, and for a while.

If I lie on my right side, that's uncomfortable, with tingles.

I've been sleeping on my back for the last six weeks.

Which means when I wake up, that's it. I'm stiff and ache-y. Pulling the duvet up and curling up for an extra hour is not possible.

I've been having walks at 06:00. In this weather.

I have been taking action.

I've had three sessions with my osteo, and a massage from someone who knows how. Each one has lead to an improvement.

There are two problems.

One is a probable trapped or inflamed nerve in my neck. That was from trying to flip a heavy mattress, something, I've done many times before without a problem.

The other is muscular tightness from adapting to the electric guitar.

Neither was helped by having a back that has been described as "like a turtle".

For a while I could not sort out which symptoms were coming from which cause.

I can now.

A wrist brace above my elbow helps with the guitar playing. I suspect I will adapt to that.

The most I can do is have massages to keep my back from tightening up. My osteo likes the idea of pulley-rows and face-pulls as well. I can do that.

I'm now waiting for the nerve in my neck to sort itself out.

Everyone says that it will remit, but it will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment