Tuesday 5 September 2023

Regent Sound Studio, Denmark Street




 Also I want to read more. At the moment I read in three places: the train, in bed, or in my garden chair. If I try to read on the couch, I fall asleep within ten minutes. I read paperbacks and on the iPad, and I also read hulking art books that need to be on my lap, a table, or better still, a bookstand. This means I need to find chairs I find comfortable to read in that don't come from garden centres. Try it. I wound up Googling "reading posture" but all I got was the usual posture Nazi stuff about sitting upright with a straight back and the book held at head height. The same posture they recommend for using a keyboard. These people have never in their lives cut a line of code, written a paragraph of fiction, edited a photograph or anything else requiring thought. That advice is for people who spend all day typing other people's words. The moment the brain focuses on a difficult problem, it takes resources from un-important activities like, yep, maintaining posture. So I added in some trips to a local decent furniture store, as well as IKEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment