Sunday 10 May 2009

How To Spend - Sunday

Aside from the bit where I woke up at 6:45 – that's 06:45 in the morning and had finished the weeks ironing by 08:30. I had steak, toast and coffee for breakfast and set off driving into London at 10:45, parking just off Piccadilly at 11.20 (try doing that by public transport). The intention was to see Helen and then Little Ashes at the Apollo. A quick stop into the Royal Academy to look at the Kuniyoshi exhibition, which bounced right off my eyes this time: on the previous visit, I'd got it.

I spent an hour browsing among the gardening books at Waterstones, coming away with two that seemed to have the right balance of sensible advice in print and pretty pictures that might just be something you and I might just one day grow – as opposed to a roof garden on the Upper East Side. In the hour or so between the movies, I wandered into HMV and found the latest Seether CD and chanced across the Keith Jarrett Bremen / Lausanne Solo Concert, which I had on vinyl but hadn't rushed to get on CD. Silly me - it's two of the best piano concerts ever in the 2oth century. Follow the shopping by a Pizza Express (I told you it was a simple day) and then seeing this lot on my way back to the cinema.




Monday evening, I'm going to see Duplicity at the Empire Leicester Square.

Hell, if they're going to re-organise me out of a job, I'm going to have my idea of a good time right up until the moment the axe falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment