Wednesday 16 June 2010

Bristol Wednesday Snapshots

I had a quick trip to Bristol to attend a course recently. The course I'll make comments about later, but here are the photos of the little bit of the town I could see between the end of the course and catching the 17:30 back to Paddington. The guys and gals in Bristol are always partying - or at least that's how it seems. The row of buildings in this photograph may once have been warehouses but are now all bars. And it's about a hundred yards from one of The Bank's bigger office buildings. Maybe that's why.


I took an evening train down and stayed in the Thistle Grand Hotel about a hundred yards from the building I needed. On the outside it looked a little tired and dedicated to conventions, but the room was okay.



The tray was a decent if standard cheese-and-crackers that hit the spot as a light supper. But a £5 "Tray Charge"? What's that about?

So this is probably the most popular photograph anyone takes when they are around the harbour area...



While I chanced across this pretty damn good graffiti on the way to Temple Meads. I think it's four different artists, or maybe they're all part of the "Graffiti Bristol Crew".



No comments:

Post a Comment