Thursday 11 June 2020

Emile Zola, Rich Cooper and Why The Gyms Are Closed But MacDonalds Is Open

These thoughts were triggered by this heartfelt rant from Rich Cooper

 

 Go to 5:19, where he achieves take-off.
...more people die from diabetes and cardiovascular disease, but we're still serving hamburgers, and frikkin' weed, and alcohol, and cigarettes... why can't I go to the gym and throw some weights around, why can't I get on my bike and ride through the trails... <\blockquote> I started to riff on this, but couldn't quite get it right. I'm reading Emile Zola's The Belly of Paris at the moment. It's a bit of a slog, with great chunks of descriptions of food between the dramas amongst assorted women traders in Les Halles, which latter I could care less about. I stumbled across this...
'Cain,' [Claude] said, 'was a Fat man and Abel was a Thin one. Ever since that first murder, the big eaters have sucked the lifeblood out of the small eaters... We're Thin, you and I. Just look at us and tell me if we take up much room in the sunlight, with stomachs as flat as ours... It's not funny. I know I suffer from being Thin. If I were Fat, I would paint happily, have a nice studio and sell my pictures for their weight in gold. But, instead of that, I'm Thin; and I have to wear myself out to get the Fat to take notice... Fat people, you see, hate Thin people so much they have to drive them out of their sight, with a bit or a kick.
Normies are Fat People. Rich Cooper and I and many of our ilk are Thin People. Thin people live clean. Living clean? Exercise, eat right, work hard, only drink on social occasions, no drugs. Stay away from crazy people, and from losers, users and abusers. Don't run up consumer debt, don't buy things you don't need with money you don't have to impress people you don't like. Save money and pay attention to your investments. Find the cultural, intellectual, artistic or sporting activities that you like. Don't bear grudges, avoid drama and resentment. And only take a STEM degree.

Fat people chow down on hamburgers, get wasted on weed, drink themselves dizzy, smoke themselves hoarse, binge-watch vacuous Netflix, and run up debt buying expensive meals, new SUV's and phones for the kids. The rest of the world should hang out with the losers they went to school with, have sex with people with STD's, have kids with men who aren't going to pay for them, leave school early or do useless Liberal Arts degrees. They should get angry, fall in love with the wrong people, seek out indignation, drama and confrontation, avoid responsibility, cheat, lie, mislead, turn up late or not at all, bear grudges unto the grave, marry badly, divorce worse, let the TV be the baby-sitter, and take their yowling children onto ten-hour flights. And grow soft and fat and die of heart disease and diabetes.

The world is run by and for the benefit of Fat people. That's why gyms are closed but there are traffic-jolting queues for a drive-thru MacDonalds a mile or so away.

1 comment:

  1. I think he's missing one important point. Yes, the fatality levels may be the same as for seasonal flu. But thats WITH the lockdown! Take that away and see how the dead pile up.

    ReplyDelete