Thursday 25 June 2020

It's not what you know about me that matters. It's what you do about what you know about me.

It's not what you know about me that matters. It's what you do about what you know about me.

I don't mind being tracked, monitored, surveilled, recorded, pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

I mind anything being done with what they learn.

Especially by someone with powers they should never have been granted by legislation that should never have been passed.

That is a lot of people in central and local government, the Police, Intelligence services, the Armed Services and all sorts of quangos.

What I mind is that people who should need a Judge's permission to enter my house, can come storming in without permission. They can freeze my bank accounts, and lose me my job. All without the Court's permission and my chance at a defence.

And when it's all over and if I have proven my innocence, I have no-one to claim against.

All those people should be personally liable for the damage their mistakes and bad judgements cause to their victims' lives. Social workers, policemen, spies, inspectors of all kinds... anyone whose word will be taken in preference to mine and to my detriment. They should have to buy insurance against those claims, and they should not be granted any powers unless they have that insurance.

But they don't have to, and that's what I mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment