Monday 19 April 2021

What I Did In The First Post-Lockdown Week

(aside from the day job, daily walks, cooking food and all that routine stuff)

Monday: the nice man from the AA pumped up my flat tyre and drove with me to the local tyre emporium just before it opened, where I had the whole lot changed over. Later that morning, I stopped by the local Pure Gym. A manager was there to show me around.

Tuesday: early morning shopping at Sainsbury's. Joined the gym online. 50% discount. (Even at the full rate, that gym costs as much in a year as my old one did in a month. And I was happy to pay that money then.) Added Qobuz to my streaming services. I am liking that decision more and more.

Mid-week: lots of hefting of books and building of IKEA shelving. Didn't need to leave the house for that.

Thursday: first visit to the gym. Man those pull-downs felt good.

Friday: a visit to London by train. Haircut at George the Barber's in Bedfordbury; sunbed session at the Tanning Shop, Covent Garden; a visit to the Vodafone and Apple shops; lunch outside at Maxwells; a browse round Foyles; and a visit to Lillywhites for some new trainers.

Saturday: a visit to Sis's new house in a secret location for lunch.

Sunday: second visit to the gym in the morning. That was more tiring than I thought. Snooze in garden sun-trap. Get new iPhone SE2 working, and set the old one up to be another iPod Touch (that's why Apple downplay the iPod Touch).

And all I had to do was wear a mask almost everywhere.

Masks do not counts as "freedom", and sure as hell not as "normal".

This ain't over 'til the masks get burned.

I have my second jab this week.

Two more weeks before I never have to open that work laptop again.

No comments:

Post a Comment