Friday 21 May 2021

Week Three of Retirement

Started badly with a real pain in my right hip that distracted the heck out of me and required expensive servicing by my magic osteopath.

Also a visit to my dentist to collect a new gum shield for my lower teeth. After what I spent and went through getting my teeth straightened out, I am not giving up the maintenance.

I read Michel Houellebecq's latest, Serotonin, in one pass. It's very good, but not edifying.

I noticed that I'm able to hear orchestral music more easily now. Sound quality is one thing, but it's almost like I now have the brain-space to process it.

I've just cancelled Spotify Premium. Because I haven't even wanted to have one of their playlists on in the background.

It feels like work filled my head with a lot of clutter and noise, and left me feeling tired and only able to deal with stuff needing short spans of attention.

Now my head is a less clamorous place.

But this weather is dispiriting. The pollen doesn't agree with me. I wake up with a stuffed-up nose and feeling like someone slipped some drugs into my sleep. I haven't been out much. Right now, I never want to walk in my local park again.

Everyone has duff weeks now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment