Tuesday 5 April 2022

10 Things I Can't Live Without

Here was a quick-and-easy post idea I couldn't resist. Search the title on You Tube and you will get a number of videos. Some are vaguely troubling. It turns out a lot of people can't live without pocket knives. Really?

Infrastructure stuff like Amazon, trains, electricity, gas, running water, not being mugged on the way to the station, my house, gas cookers, the Internet, dentists, doctors, friends and family, my glasses, and in my case, the entire Apple ecosystem... is all taken as read.

So here's the list...

Sony WF 1000XM-3 earphones. These are as good as everyone says

Music. From wake-up music to falling asleep music and every moment in between

De Longhi Dedica Espresso machine and Lavazza Red coffee. 'Nuff said

Exercise. Currently a Bosu ball and home weights

The Car. When you need a car, you need a car. Not a cab or a bus

Foyles and Fopp. There is no substitute for browsing for books, DVDs and CDs

To-Do List. Currently in a Moleskine notebook. I find To-Do lists have to be handwritten

A good Thai massage service, and osteopath. Because I have lousy posture and eventually that turns into aches.

Scarves and gloves in winter. Man do my hands get cold fast now.

The Freedom Pass. Age has its privileges and not having to worry about if you can afford to use public transport is one of them.

Oh how mundane! But then, I'm a Brit, so a Glock and a military-grade locking knife are illegal. I left out the wallet because this isn't an EDC list. Where's the Air Miles membership, because I'm always travelling? I'd love the exercise to be a fancy West End gym, but I can't afford those kind of prices. The local David Lloyd centre is pretty damn pricey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment