Friday 29 April 2022

Thirteen Years of Blogging: 2009 - 2022

The first post on this blog is dated 29th April 2009.

That's thirteen years. Which is pretty good going for a personal blog.

A while ago, one of my rare commenters remarked that this blog seemed to be mostly about me getting things off my chest.

Fair comment.

I think that's why I started doing it.

I'm certainly not in it for the money.

Every now and then I wonder about being more professional about the whole thing.

Being more professional would require that I choose a subject and offer a consistent view of the world around that subject.

I would have to produce content for the clicks.

I'd start caring about views and engagement.

I'd have to do SEO (which I think is voodoo anyway) and other such stuff.

The financial and personal reward for all that would be?

Zip. Nada.

Sounds like a decision to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment