Tuesday 11 January 2022

Goals and Plans For 2022

So given my prediction for 2022, and my expectation that what has rightly been called Covid Theatre will continue to 2025, what the hey am I going to do to improve my life in 2022? Never mind onwards?

I started to think of some things I might do, and halfway through thought these are all tweaks. What would not-tweaks look like?

When I made a list, with the usual items such as part-time work, I spotted the commonality: all of them were about adopting something out there to provide structure, meaning and direction to my life.

Let's see, I did that for 43 years.

How did it work out?

It was so wonderful that...

I don't miss my day job. I don't miss seeing the people. I don't feel lonely and I don't feel like my mental health is deteriorating.

I already did the one thing most guaranteed to improve my life.

I retired.

I have three daily goals: 1) stay sober, 2) stay as fit and healthy as I can, 3) occupy myself with whatever takes my fancy from time to time.

Maybe you would do something far more worthy and virtuous.

You do you, and I'll do me.

For the first time in 43 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment